Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Letter to My Students - You Are A Genius!

Dear 6th Graders,

My name is Tricia Mayer and I will have all of you in my math class this year. I will have about half of you in The Leader in Me class and about a third of you in Religion class. I've been thinking about you all summer! No, I haven't thought of you individually, but I've been thinking about you as a class and what we will accomplish this year. I've spent a lot of time thinking about the amazing sixth graders who are about to enter my classroom.

I've thought about how I can challenge you. I've thought about embracing your differences. I've thought about how to help you with your weaknesses. I've thought about how to increase your strengths. There is one thing I know for certain:

You Are All Geniuses!

Your inner genius is about to come out. This is my tenth year of teaching, so I've worked with many geniuses. Every year, genius after genius, it's amazing! I can't wait to meet the genius in you!

Think about YOUR genius. What are you an expert at? What do you enjoy? What can I learn from YOU? How are you going to change the world? If you don't know yet, don't worry, we will discover your genius together! I can't wait to share my genius with you and for you to share your genius with me and your classmates!

Mrs. Mayer


No comments:

Post a Comment