Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Letter to My New Students - You Matter!

Dear 6th Graders,

Before you step into Room 123 to begin the new school year, I want you to know something important. You Matter! It's only two small words, but this short phrase carries one large message.

Maybe it seems strange to have to tell somebody they matter, but people often go through life feeling like they are not appreciated or not noticed. So I am here to tell you, I will notice you when you are in our classroom. I will appreciate and be thankful for having you in our classroom. You Matter!

Some of you I have never met before, and some of you I already know by name. But, the message is the same for each and every student. You matter to me! You matter to many people - your family, your friends, your teachers, everyone. Take a moment to think about the people who matter to you. Chances are YOU matter to them too.

YOU are the reason I became a teacher! YOU will make a difference in my life, just as I hope to make a difference in YOUR life.

Summer is almost over and I am so excited to begin this new school year. I can't wait to get to know you better as we begin this experience together.

I hope to see you on Monday, August 18 when you visit school and drop off your supplies. Let the adventure begin!

Mrs. Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment